Lately, I have been obsessing over cauliflower. You can eat it raw, mash it up, turn it into rice - you name it. I have found some delicious ways to incorporate it into meals or just use as a side. Today, I am sharing how I used it in a casserole in place of rice.
I have mentioned before that my mom makes a killer stuffed pepper recipe. Well, she also turns that into a 'stuffed' pepper casserole too. Both of those recipes use rice, but I changed the the rice to cauliflower to make it more paleo-friendly.
1 lb ground beef
3 green peppers, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
3/4 cauliflower head, pulsed in food processor
1 clove garlic, minced
- brown meat
- add chopped peppers, onions, and garlic to meat - medium heat
- then add riced cauliflower (I use my food processor) to meat mixture - medium heat
- let cook until bubbly, then add red sauce (no sugar added)
- mix all together while cooking on low
- transfer to baking dish
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees F