If you have been following along on my blog, Instagram, or snapchat recently, you might have noticed my latest obsession with zoodles.
They are so easy to make - not to mention a healthy alternative to pasta noodles. I have been experimenting with different foods to add to my zoodles so that I don't get burned out them.
This week, I made a big batch of Turkey Basil Pesto Zoodles to take for my lunches each day. This dish turned out great! Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Ingredients for the basil pesto sauce:
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Ingredients for turkey basil pesto zoodles dish:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 zucchini
- 3/4 cup of basil pesto sauce
Instructions for the basil pesto sauce:
- Combine basil, garlic, and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor. Season with pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified.
Instructions for turkey basil pesto dish:
- Cook ground turkey
- Use spiralizer to slice zucchinis into zoodles
- Add zoodles to pan with turkey. Cook on low until zoodles become less firm
- Stir in basil pesto sauce and simmer on low until cooked together thoroughly
That's it! So easy and so delicious!