At the beginning of 2017, I decided I was going to do a lot more cooking. I also chose to make that cooking mostly Paleo and healthy. Not much beats cooking with fresh and healthy ingredients.
So, you can imagine my excitement when Jennie-O brought me on as one of their 2017 bloggers! My first shipment of product was their Ground Turkey Breast (pictured above). Ground turkey is one of my favorite meats to cook with. You can find all sorts of turkey recipes on my Recipes Page.
To keep in line with my healthy cooking and eating goals, I used the Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast to make this new recipe - a delicious meat and veggie skillet. My husband and I both agreed that this might become a week night staple for us, and it makes for great leftovers too!
If you are interested in cooking a healthy recipe, give this easy skillet dish a try!
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
2. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onions are soft
3. Add the ground turkey, garlic, and spices and cook for 15- 20 minutes, or until the meat is completely cooked through and no longer pink,
4. If needed, set some of the meat aside in a bowl to make room for the brussels sprouts.
5. Melt the remaining coconut oil in the skillet and add the brussels sprouts and bell pepper. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the meat back into the pan - here is where you would add cooked cauliflower rice or regular rice if you choose - and mix well before serving.