This recipe is going to come off as being very amateur...mostly because it is. I made this skillet dish up as I went, without any real measurements. Surprisingly, the end result turned out to be pretty darn good - anyway my husband and I thought so :)
I decided to share it on the blog because if anyone out there is like me and loves substituting spaghetti squash for pasta, it is a great way to mix things up. Hope you like it!
1 spaghetti squash
1 package frozen broccoli, cooked
1/2 pound fully cooked turkey sausage
2 handfuls grape tomatoes
Prego Three Cheese Artisan Sauce
- Cook spaghetti squash (I cut in half, clean out seeds, place face down in microwave-safe casserole dish, fill dish with 1 inch of water, poke holes in spaghetti squash, microwave for 20 minutes)
- After squash is cooked, use fork to make 'spaghetti' strands. Put strands of spaghetti squash in a large skillet.
- Cook broccoli according to package. Add cooked broccoli to skillet
- Dice the turkey sausage into quarters and add to skillet
- Dice grape tomatoes into quarters and add to skillet
- Stir everything together well in the skillet
- Add sauce and continue stirring together until everything is heated through.
Side note - you can make this even healthier by adding a paleo sauce or even just olive oil will do the trick!