I am totally struggling to let go of the summertime weather, but one thing that does make me excited for Fall (besides the clothes) is soup. Not much beats a warm bowl of soup on a chilly day. It is even better when I can whip it up using my crock pot.
Pumpkin Sausage Soup
- 2 boxes (about 1 lb.) Applegate breakfast sausage
- 1/2 a large onion, diced
- 1 15-oz can of pumpkin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- pinch of dried rosemary
- 2 T coconut oil (or butter, or cooking fat)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Heat the butter or cooking fat over medium heat in a large skillet
- Add the diced onions and cook under tender and browing
- Cook the sausage and cut into small bite-size pieces
- Add sausage to the onion to combine flavors
- Add all seasonings to onions and sausage, stir together
- Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, and chicken stock to the crock pot, and stir until smooth
- Add the onion and sausage mixture to the crock pot, and stir all ingredients together
- Cook in crock pot on low for 6 hours or high for about 3 hours.
Serve and enjoy!