This dish is the perfect healthy version of comfort food. The cauliflower takes on the role of a potato, so mix that with meat and put it in a casserole... you've got a delicious dinner! Topping it with almonds at the end gives each bite a lovely crunch too. Super easy to make for a week night meal, then heat up leftovers for the lunch the next day.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and discard the core.
3. Bring a pot of water to a boil - enough water to cover the cauliflower.
4. Add the cauliflower to the boiling water and let boil for about 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender - set aside.
5. Place the ground beef in a frying pan over medium heat, and season liberally with salt and pepper, cumin, paprika, and oregano. Break up the beef into small pieces with a wooden spatula while cooking.
6. When the meat is mostly cooked remove from heat and set aside.
7. Beat the eggs, coconut milk, and broth together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
8. In a casserole pan layer the cauliflower and ground beef until it is used up.
9. Pour the egg mixture over it, making sure the meat and cauliflower is covered.
10. Bake the casserole for 50-60 minutes until the center is set.
11. Add the sliced almonds on top, and broil for 5 minutes.
12. Let it cool for 5 minutes then serve.