Chili is one of those dishes that you could make 6 different ways and still call it chili. I feel like everyone has their own little spin on making chili. I have made chili several different ways in the past, but this might just be my favorite way. It has a delicious, smoky flavor to it that Josh and I really loved. Give this Paleo version of chili a try, and let me know what you think!
1. Cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy, set aside.
2. Sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic in the leftover bacon grease.
3. Add the ground beef to the pan, and cook until no longer pink.
4. Place the beef mixture and bacon in the crockpot.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients to the crockpot and mix together. Season with salt and pepper. Do not add the garnish ingredients.
6. Cook in the crockpot on low for 6 hours.
7. Serve the chili in a bowl with a scoop of coconut cream on top and sprinkled with fresh cilantro.