After making this dish, I knew it would become a staple dinner meal for us. Not to mention, it makes for great leftovers! Traditional chicken piccata is usually dipped in a flour batter and topped with cheese, but this recipe is simpler - and healthier. It is made up of satueed chicken and lots of artichokes, mushrooms, and bright lemon juice. As I was typing this I realized this would also make a great dish to serve a crowd!
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the butter and olive oil. When it is hot, quickly sauté half the chicken in a single layer until it begins to brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
3. Add half the lemon juice, half the chicken broth, and half the capers.
4. Cover the pan and let cook for 2 minutes more.
5. Transfer the chicken from the pan to a serving dish.
6. Repeat steps 2-5 with the remaining chicken.
7. Sauté the mushrooms and artichokes in the same pan for about 5 minutes.
8. Pile the cooked mushrooms and artichokes on top of the chicken and serve.