My husband and I are big soup lovers, so as soon as Texas had a cooler day, I was determined to whip up a healthy soup for us. Not only is this soup healthy, but it is also Paleo. I will admit I was skeptical at first, but using coconut milk adds the delicious creaminess we crave and love in broccoli soup!
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the bacon, set aside.
2. Sauté the onion in the leftover bacon grease and melted butter, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour the chicken broth into the pan, and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and stir.
5. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes - or until the broccoli has softened.
6. Add the coconut milk, season with salt and pepper.
7. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it is smooth.
Note: You can also make this soup in the crockpot!