I struggle to even call this a recipe because anything you like on pizza could be cooked on top of a thick slice of zucchini, so really the ingredients are up to you.
Below I will share what I chose for my toppings, but the options are endless...
- Large zucchini slices (3/4 inch thick)
- Olive oil
- Your favorite pizza sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Your choice of pizza toppings - I used pepperonis
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Cut zucchini into 3/4 inch thick slices
- Brush both sides of zucchini with olive oil
- Grill one side of the zucchini for 7 minutes
- Remove the zucchini from the grill, placing them grill side up on a platter
- Top the grilled side of the zucchini with pizza sauce, cheese, and toppings
- Place the zucchini back on the grill for 7 minutes or so
- Remove zucchini pizzas from the grill and serve!