To say that my husband and I love pizza, would be an understatement. We both admit, with no shame, that if it was socially acceptable, we would eat pizza for every meal... everyday. Knowing that, it shouldn't be too surprising that we make own pizzas at home quite often. Below is our most recent and favorite creation:
Pizza crust (I used pre-made thin crust)
Grated parmsean cheese
- Preheat grill
- Slice tomatoes and baby mozzarella to desired size
- Brush both sides of pizza crust with olive oil
- Grill one side for 3-5 minutes
- Top grilled side with sliced tomatoes, baby mozzarella, basil, garlic, and parm
- Grill remaining side for 3-5 minutes / until cheese is melted
A little background on the Margherita Pizza for you history buffs:
Margherita of Savoy (Margherita Maria Teresa Giovanna; 20 November 1851 – 4 January 1926), was the Queen consort of the Kingdom of Italy during the reign (1878–1900) of her husband, Umberto I.In 1881, the mining town of Margherita in Assam, India was named after her. In 1889, the Margherita pizza, whose red tomatoes, green basil, and white cheese represent the Italian flag, was named after her.
Do you make your own pizza?
What is your favorite kind of pizza?