I know this might be an obvious statement, but I am going to say it anyway: Drink more water!
- Good for your skin, reduces bloating
- Flushes toxins from your body and prevents constipation, detoxifies
- Supports nerve function, keeps your joints strong and lubricated
- Speeds up metabolism by aiding digestion
- Helps organs to run efficiently
- Being hydrated helps you work out longer and harder, regulates body temperature
- Prevents dehydration headaches
"Think of water as a nutrient your body needs that is present in liquids, plain water, and foods. All of these are essential daily to replace the large amounts of water lost each day," says Joan Koelemay, RD, dietitian for the Beverage Institute, an industry group.