A couple weeks ago at our local farmer's market, we picked up a 3 pound pork loin from a local farmer. We have heard great things about The Phelps Family Farm and their healthy meats - non-GMO, no antibiotics, grassfed, etc. We knew this would be a perfect addition to our weekly meal plan, providing a couple dinners and leftovers for lunch throughout the week.
I decided to prepare the pork loin in the crockpot, and also added some great veggies for extra flavor.
3 sweet potatoes
4-6 large carrots
1 white onion
3-6 garlic cloves
seasoning to taste
- Season the pork tenderloin to your liking
- Cut your veggies into medium to larger chunks (if cut too small they could shrink down to nothing in the slow cooker)
- Place the pork loin in the crockpot
- Place veggies around the pork loin in the crockpot (I even tucked some garlic and onion in a few slits I made in the pork for extra flavor)
- Add about a cup of water to the crockpot
- Season to taste
- Cook in crockpot on low for 6-8 hours
- Do not stir if you don't want the meat to fall apart
Serve and enjoy!
Confession: We loved this so much that we went back to the Carmel farmers market and stocked up on more of the delicious local meat from Phelps Family Farm!
Note: This recipe is Paleo-friendly!