Did you know that exercise does more than your body good, but also your beauty? According to an article on Livestrong, (one of my favorite sites!) working out can have an overall positive effect on your attractiveness.
Here are some major key points from their research:
1) Improved skin tone - - Improved circulation “floods our skin with oxygen and nutrient-rich blood cells.” This results in a prettier, clearer complexion.
2) Exercise wards off wrinkles - - Continued exercise stimulates collagen and elastin production and can improve skin thickness.
3) Sweating is good for your skin and your hair - - Since sweat is released through your pores, it cleans out the dirt and oils that were trapped inside of them. Additionally, perspiration also contains a “natural antibiotic” that helps fight acne. However, you need to rinse your entire body right after you workout to reap these skin-clearing benefits (or else your pores will get extra clogged). As for your hair, increased blood circulation to your scalp from working out can promote growth!
4) Reduced bloat and puffiness - - When you workout you get your lymphatic system flowing, which helps to reduce water retention in our body and can improve under eye puffiness and dark circles.
5) Healthy is beautiful - - Healthy people are beautiful. According to the article, “moderate exercise contributes to a youthful appearance.”
For me, getting in a solid work out also gives me more confidence and puts me in a positive mood... both of which I think can be classified as a beauty booster :)