Preparing my lemon water
The advantages of drinking water are endless, but adding fresh lemon juice to your water can add even more benefits!
According to Ayurvedic philosophy, choices that you make regarding your daily routine either build up resistance to disease or tear it down. Starting each morning with warm lemon water is actually a ritual in Yogic traditions. It is used to stimulate digestion for the day and clear the body of any toxins that might have settled in the digestive tract overnight.
After being introduced to all of the awesome health benefits that lemon water has to offer, I have started to make lemon water a part of my daily diet.
Below are just a few reasons why water and lemons should be a pairing you can't get enough of:
1. It is a natural energizer. It hydrates the body so you feel revitalized and refreshed.
2. It helps with digestion. This combination will not only revive indigestion, but it will also help flush you out.
3. It boosts your immune system. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They are high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function and also helps control blood pressure.
4. It helps clear-up skin. The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood, which helps keep skin clear as well.
5. It is cleansing. The citric acid in lemons helps maximize enzyme
function, which in turn stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
Lemons are packed with natural vitamins and minerals that are key to our inner and outer beauty regimen as well as our overall health.
I usually drink about 10-16 ounces of hot water with a lemon slice. I like it with cold water too - do whatever works for you!
If you drink lemon water, what benefits have you noticed?