You're probably asking yourself why I am posting this recipe...that's how easy it is! I wish I would have made sweet potatoes like this a long time ago, so I figured someone else might need a new preparation idea for the yummy side too!
salt and pepper
1) Wash and peel the potatoes
2) Slice the potatoes into 3/4 inch thick discs - try to cut them as similar as possible so they bake evenly.
3) Lightly brush both sides of each sweet potato disc with olive oil (if you don't have a brush to do this, simply place them in a bowl and drizzle/toss with olive oil, making sure both sides are lightly coated)
4) Place sweet potato discs on a coated cookie sheet (I suggest putting aluminum foil on the cookie sheet, then the potatoes. Makes for an easy clean up)
5) Sprinkle top side with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
5) Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes
6) Using tongs, flip the sweet potatoes and sprinkle the other side with salt, pepper, and garlic salt
7) Bake for an additional 10 minutes
Mine look a little burnt, but they didn't taste like it at all. They were delicious!
Stay tuned for a just as easy, but just as yummy, sweet potato fries recipe!