If you have been following along here, you know that I have been working on my essential oil game. Tea Tree oil is one that I have been using, and I wanted to share some of my favorite ways I have learned to use it.
- Apply 1 drop of Tea Tree Oil to a wet cotton ball. Apply lightly to problem skin to help reduce oil that can lead to blemishes. Remove with water.
- Add a few drops to manicurist spray or cream for cuticle care and welcomed relief for cracked nails. Also known to help ward of fungus.
- Mix a few drops of Tea Tree Oil into your favorite shampoo to break up product build up and excess hair oil. Leaves hair squeaky clean.
- Keep your diaper pail clean and fresh with a spray of Tea Tree Oil mixed with water. A naturally-effective, chemical-free way to help reduce odor.
- Give clothes a natural, chemical-free boost of freshness when you add 2 teaspoons of pure oil to a regular load of laundry during the wash cycle.
- Add one teaspoon of oil to a gallon of water to clean windows, floors, tile and kitchen surfaces. Use on shower doors to prevent soap buildup.
- Household ants and other pests dislike Tea Tree Oil. Wipe surfaces with an oil and water solution at various points of entry, like window cabinets, to deter them.
Mold and Stain Remover
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil to 2 cups water. Spray on mold and wipe clean. For tougher stains like scruffmarks on floors, use pure oil on a damp cloth.
- Keep your toothbrush fresh and clean by applying a drop of Tea Tree Oil between uses. This helps ward off germs and bacteria to help it last longer.
What are your favorite ways to use tea tree essential oil?
Check out my posts on peppermint and lavender essential oils too!