After some research and experimentation, I have found that lavender seems to be the most versatile of the essential oils. Below, I have listed a few of the most popular ways to use lavender essential oil.
- Rub 2-3 drops of lavender oil in your cupped palms, then use the inhalation method to draw the scent all the way into your amygdala gland (the emotional warehouse) in your brain to calm the mind. Then, rub on the feet, temples, wrists (or anywhere) for an immediate calming effect on the body.
- Use the cupping and inhalation method. Then, rub a drop of lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
Bee sting / Insect bite
- Put a drop of lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching reduce swelling.
- Put 2-3 drops of lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain.
- Drop lavender oil on cut to stop bleeding, clean wound, and kill bacteria.
Eczema / Dermatitis
- Mix several drops of lavender oil with a nut or vegetable mixing oil (coconut, sesame, etc) and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
Nausea or motion sickness
- Place a drop of lavender oil on end of tongue, behind the ears or around the navel.
Dry or chapped skin / chapped or sunburned lips
- Rub lavender oil on dry or chapped skin / chapped or sunburned lips.
- Rub several drops of lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
- Put a drop of lavender oil on a cold sore.
What are your favorite ways to use lavender essential oil?
Be sure to check out my post on 6 Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil.